What is the Digital Spring School all about?
The Digital Spring School is a 4 day bootcamp training ! Its aims to provide Grade 12 CAT students with Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification, a renowned certification for ICT Industry. The 4 days will involve training related to the certification, identify student challenges and provide solutions to complex issues related to the application assessed. It will also prepare students for the Final CAT National Senior Certificate (NSC) exams. Also the exposure to ICT and learning outside of the classroom will stimulate high school students to pursue a career in ICT and participate within of the 4th Industrial Revolution in building South Africa.
Goal of the Spring School
The aim of the Digital Spring School is to add value, support learning, improve results and ignite a passion to Grade 12 Computer Application Technology (CAT) students. Students who participate in the programme will receive international certification which will be conducted online through the Certiport console (platform / portal).
Genesis Community IT Initiative is a registered Certiport Exam testing Centre that enables citizens to obtain Microsoft & Adobe certifications which are internationally recognised.
Objectives of the Spring School
- To provide Grade 12 students an opportunity to learn beyond the classroom environment.
- To provide Grade 12 students with great value of international certification through Certiport – A Pearson Vue Business.
- To strengthen and support students knowledge and skills in various Microsoft Applications.
- To supplement learning and assessment within the Computer Application Technology.
- To increase student results and performance through in-depth knowledge in Microsoft.
- To stimulate students drive to achieve competency on an international level.
Expected Project Results
- To equip Western Cape Grade 12 students with international Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Excel certification.