Goal of the Spring School
The aim of the I-CAN Digital Spring School is to add value, support learning, improve results and ignite a passion to Grade 12 Computer Application Technology (CAT) students. Students who participate in the programme will receive international certification which will be conducted online through the Certiport console (platform / portal).
Genesis Community IT Initiative is a registered Certiport Exam testing Centre that enables citizens to obtain Microsoft & Adobe certifications which are internationally recognised.
Objectives of the Spring School
- To provide Grade 12 students an opportunity to learn beyond the classroom environment.
- To provide Grade 12 students with great value of international certification through Certiport – A Pearson Vue Business.
- To strengthen and support students knowledge and skills in various Microsoft Applications.
- To supplement learning and assessment within the Computer Application Technology.
- To increase student results and performance through in-depth knowledge in Microsoft.
- To stimulate students drive to achieve competency on an international level.
Expected Project Results
- To equip Western Cape Grade 12 students with international Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Word & Excel certification.